Paint me a Picture
Paint me a picture of me
The real me that you know
The real me that you see
The real me you want to show
I bet that picture will be
Of a princess in her wonderful world
Young and wild and free
With her little crown made of gold
Or could it be that she's this girl
Who's so pretty she makes head turn
When she giggles it makes your head swirl
With images that makes your heart burn
But that picture isn't me
Far from the real person inside
That's your fantasy
That's who I built myself to hide
For that girl can conquer anything
Its who people want to see
A song everyone wants to sing
That person is not me, I am sorry
The real me cries out with pain
Pain of rejection, of being cast aside
No one to hold on to, nothing to gain
A driftwood washed to shore by the cruel tide
If you look inside me you'll see
A broken up piece of heart
A fearful girl wanting to be free
A girl who doesn't know where to start
Someone who looks to you as the anchor
Someone who needs you to save
Someone seeking out a warm harbor
Someone who wants to walk on the road you pave
I beg you to pick up these broken pieces
You may try to make it whole or break them apart
Just paint me to be a girl with many faces
But please paint me with a whole heart
For I am done with pretending
I am done with running away
From this fear never ending
I need to see a brand new day
So paint me a picture of me with you in it
And I'll make the road somehow
I'll carry that picture in my heart's pocket
And I'll start healing now.
February 2006


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home