Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day 2006

I remember valentine's day in my younger years spent on the phone talking to my best friends. We would be envious of girls who got those sickeningly sweet valentine's card from their admirers or even more so of girls who got roses. I don't know what it is about girls and roses and valentine cards...i think its a venus thing. Hmmm what strikes me as significant is that i have had roses as i grew older...roses and tulips and chocolates. I guess I did not lose out after all. But what makes this day really special is not the capitalist flower shops who thrive on this day to jack up the prices of flowers...or hallmark cards...its the other person who remembers you during this day that makes it worth celebrating. But if truth be told...everyday should be valentine's day for you and your loved ones. It doesn't have to be on a certain day that you express your appreciation for them. How hard is it to say 'i love you' every single day or second if you mean it and feel it? I guess this day only heightened the expression just a tad. Now...if you will excuse me, I have to be a tad more expressive and greet special people today. I DO say and show I love them every single second of my life because without them, what's my heart for?

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home